Serve this as a side dish or spread it on a sandwich with leftover turkey.
From the book "Mad Hungry" by Lucinda Scala Quinn (Artisan Books).
Mad Hungry, November 2010
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium orange, washed and dried
- 1 lemon, washed and dried
- 3 cups fresh cranberries (1 12-ounce package)
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place 1/2 cup of the water in a blender jar. Cut the orange and lemon into eighths, keeping the peel but removing all seeds.
- Blend half the orange and lemon pieces for 10 seconds. Add half the cranberries and blend just until the mixture is a coarse chop. Place in a saucepan. Repeat with the remaining water, orange and lemon wedges, and cranberries, and add the mixture to the pan.
- Add the sugar, cinnamon, and cloves to the pan. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce the heat, and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the sugar is dissolved and the flavors blend. Cool to room temperature and serve.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.