Malted Chocolate Ganache
Use to make ABC Kitchen pastry chef Cindy Bearman's Chocolate Cake with Malted Chocolate Ganache and Toasted Marshmallow Frosting.
The Martha Stewart Show, February 2011
- Yield Makes enough for one 9-inch layer cake
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup malted milk powder
- 1 cup chopped milk chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups chopped dark chocolate
- In a small saucepan whisk together heavy cream and malted milk powder; bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Place both chocolates in a medium heatproof bowl. Pour boiling cream over chocolate and let stand until melted, about 1 minute. Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth. Let stand at least 6 hours and up to overnight before using.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.