Malted Chocolate Ganache
Use to make ABC Kitchen pastry chef Cindy Bearman's Chocolate Cake with Malted Chocolate Ganache and Toasted Marshmallow Frosting.
The Martha Stewart Show, February 2011
Yield Makes enough for one 9-inch layer cake
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup malted milk powder
- 1 cup chopped milk chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups chopped dark chocolate
- In a small saucepan whisk together heavy cream and malted milk powder; bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Place both chocolates in a medium heatproof bowl. Pour boiling cream over chocolate and let stand until melted, about 1 minute. Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth. Let stand at least 6 hours and up to overnight before using.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.