Ginger Garlic Glazed Green Beans
Stocking your pantry with ginger and garlic will enable you to make many recipes with Asian flavors.From the book "Mad Hungry," by Lucinda Scala Quinn (Artisan Books).
Source: Mad Hungry, November 2010
- 2 teaspoons peanut or vegetable oil
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 garlic cloves, half sliced and half minced
- 1 pound green beans, rinsed and stemmed, with water still clinging to them
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the oil, ginger, and minced garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Raise the heat to medium-high, add the beans and sliced garlic, and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup water to the pan. Cook for another 4 minutes, partially covered. With 1 minute left, add the soy sauce and sesame oil and swirl around the pan to form a glazy sauce.
© 2015 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.