Prosciutto with Fresh Fruit
Salty prosciutto paired with sweet melon is a refreshing appetizer. Serve the melon sliced in wedges or cut into small pieces with toothpicks for a bite-size starter.
From the book "Lucinda's Rustic Italian Kitchen," by Lucinda Scala Quinn (Wiley).
Mad Hungry, February 2011
- 1 medium-size ripe melon, peeled and cut into 8 wedges, 8 figs, or 8 halved peaches
- 2 limes or lemons, 1 cut in half, 1 cut in 8 wedges for garnish
- Freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- 1 pound prosciutto, best quality, thinly sliced
- Cut the fruit into the desired size. Squeeze the halved citrus over all the fruit. Crack freshly ground pepper over it, if desired. Place a piece on each plate and lay the prosciutto over each piece of fruit, cutting to size if necessary. Serve a wedge of citrus on the side.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.