Sweet and Savory Nuts
These nuts get an extra kick from a sprinkle of ancho chili powder.
Mad Hungry, December 2010
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups nuts (pecans, walnuts, and almonds)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Lightly beat egg white in a large bowl. Add all remaining ingredients except nuts, mixing until slightly frothy. Fold in nuts.
- Spray or lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet. Pour mixture onto sheet, spreading nuts out in a single layer. Bake until crispy, 40 to 45 minutes, turning once after 20 minutes. Cool completely before serving.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.