Silky Miso Sweet Potatoes
Vitamin-packed sweet potatoes pick up Japanese-inspired elegance with creamy white miso in this recipe from Ca Va chef Todd English.
Also try: Seared Tuna with Blood Orange Vinaigrette, Pea and Crab Salad
The Martha Stewart Show, February 2011
- 1 1/4 pounds sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons white miso
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Prick potatoes all over using the tines of a fork. Place potatoes on prepared baking sheet and roast until very soft, 45 to 60 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, scoop out flesh and transfer to the bowl of a food processor; you should have about 1 1/2 cups flesh. Discard skins. Process sweet potato until smooth.
- In a small bowl, whisk together miso and chicken stock. Add to bowl of food processor with sweet potatoes; process until well combined. Transfer to a medium saucepan and place over medium heat; cook, stirring, until potatoes are heated through. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.