This simple, flavorful vinaigrette from chef Michel Roux's "Sauces" cookbook will quickly become your go-to salad dressing.
Also Try: Roquefort Vinaigrette, Tomato Vinaigrette
The Martha Stewart Show, October 2010
- 1 teaspoon strong Dijon mustard
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon red- or white-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons peanut, sunflower, or grapeseed oil
- Place mustard in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper and whisk to combine. Slowly whisk in vinegar.
- Whisk in oil in a slow, steady stream until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper and add a splash or two of vinegar if necessary. Vinaigrette may be kept in an airtight container, refrigerated, for up to 1 week.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.