Ditch the store-bought stuff and try this delicious marinara sauce atop any pasta or in our Rustic Vegetable Soup recipe from Everyday Food associate food editor Lesley Stockton.
The Martha Stewart Show, January 2011
- 2 (28-ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Cooked pasta, for serving (optional)
- Parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
- Place the tomatoes in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Transfer to a medium saucepan along with olive oil, garlic, and oregano; season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and cook at a rapid simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened slightly, about 20 minutes. Serve with cooked pasta, garnished with cheese and a drizzle of olive oil, if desired.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.