Use to make Brucie chef Zahra Tangorra's Roasted Roma Tomato Lasagna.
The Martha Stewart Show, January 2011
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 10 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground nutmeg
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add flour and stir until absorbed, about 1 minute. Slowly whisk in milk, salt, and nutmeg. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 15 minutes before using.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.