Whole-wheat spaghetti makes a healthy home for yolky eggs in this recipe from Jessica Seinfeld's "Double Delicious!"Also try: Scrambled Egg Muffins
The Martha Stewart Show, December 2010
- 2 cups cooked whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1/2 cup <u>Cauliflower Puree</u>
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Coarse salt
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 large eggs
- In a medium bowl, mix together spaghetti, cauliflower puree, cheese, cornstarch, salt, and flaxseed.
- Set a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 teaspoon canola oil. Take one sixth of the pasta and form into an "O" shape, leaving a 2 1/2-inch opening in the center. Cook until brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Carefully turn spaghetti mixture over and crack 1 egg into the center of the "O," taking care not to break the yolk. Cover and cook until egg is set and cooked to desired degree of doneness, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Keep warm and repeat process with remaining pasta mixture and eggs. Sprinkle with salt before serving.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.