Martha's Turkey Sandwich
This simple sandwich is Martha's favorite way to enjoy leftover Thanksgiving turkey.
The Martha Stewart Show, November 2010
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 cornichons, finely chopped
- 4 slices hearty wheat bread, thinly sliced and lightly toasted
- Unsalted butter
- Dijon mustard
- 6 slices fresh turkey breast
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 slices tomato
- 6 slices cooked crisp bacon
- 4 leaves radicchio
- 1/2 bunch watercress, large stems removed
- Cranberry sauce, for serving (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, ketchup, and cornichons until well combined; set aside.
- Spread one side of each slice of bread with butter. Top buttered side of two slices of bread with mustard. Top each with 3 slices turkey and season with salt and pepper. Spread a quarter of the mayonnaise mixture over turkey and top each with 3 slices of tomato, 3 pieces of bacon, and 2 radicchio leaves. Evenly divide watercress between each.
- Evenly divide remaining mayonnaise mixture between buttered side of remaining two slices of bread; place on top of watercress to form sandwich. Serve with cranberry sauce, if desired.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.