Green Herb Coulis
Use to make South Gate chef Kerry Heffernan's Corned Salmon with Wilted Savoy Cabbage and Braised Fingerling Potatoes.
The Martha Stewart Show, March 2011
- Yield Makes enough for 4 servings
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 small bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley, stems removed
- 1 bunch fresh tarragon leaves, stems removed
- 1 bunch fresh dill, stems removed
- 1 bunch fresh chives
- 1 ice cube
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat; generously salt water and return to a boil. Add herbs and cook for 30 seconds. Drain and rinse under cold running water.
- Place herbs on a cutting board and mince. Transfer to the jar of a blender with ice cube and cold water; blend, starting on low speed and working up to high until smooth. Scrape down sides and blend 20 to 30 seconds more, scraping down sides again if necessary.
- Transfer herb mixture to a small saucepan and place over medium-low heat. Whisk in butter, 1 piece at a time, and season with salt and pepper. Keep warm until ready to use.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.