Wacky Mac Pasta Salad
This colorful, flavorful pasta salad makes a family-friendly side dish for any warm-weather gathering.
The Martha Stewart Show, April 2011
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 bunch medium asparagus, trimmed
- 1 pound Wacky Mac spiral pasta
- 1 bunch watercress (about 3 cups)
- 3/4 pound red and yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat; generously salt water and return to a boil. Prepare an ice-water bath; set aside. Add asparagus to boiling water and cook until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and immediately transfer to ice-water bath to cool. Drain and cut on the bias into 1-inch pieces.
- Meanwhile, bring a second large pot of water to a boil over high heat; generously salt water and return to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Transfer pasta to a large bowl. Add asparagus, watercress, tomatoes, and lemon zest. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper; toss to combine. Top with feta and serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.