Martha Stewart Kids, Winter/Spring
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 oranges, peeled, seeded, and separated into segments, each segment cut into thirds
- Orange Spiced Syrup (http://www.marthastewart.com/282607/orange-spiced-syrup)
- Vegetable-oil cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and soda, and salt. In another bowl, whisk egg, buttermilk, juice, sour cream, and butter. Stir mixture into dry ingredients. Fold in half the oranges.
- Coat a waffle iron with cooking spray. Cook waffles according to manufacturer's directions, coating iron with cooking spray between batches, as the oranges tend to stick. Keep warm; serve waffles with remaining oranges and orange syrup.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.