- 1 1/4 cups whole blanched almonds
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons finely grated (2 to 3 oranges) orange zest
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Place almonds and sugar in the bowl of a food processor. Process until the mixture resembles coarse cornmeal, and set aside.
- Place butter and orange zest in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed until white and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. On low speed, add the almond mixture, and beat until combined, 10 to 15 seconds. Add egg and lemon juice, and combine. Add flour, and beat until combined.
Wrap in plastic; store, refrigerated, up to 1 week.