Spicy Meat Sauce
Use to make Spicy Pork Meatball Sliders from The Meatball Shop.
The Martha Stewart Show, January 2011
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 pound ground pork shoulder
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 (28-ounce) cans whole San Marzano tomatoes, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, pork, and pepper flakes; cook, stirring, until meat is cooked through and onions are soft and beginning to brown, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and add tomato paste and cook, stirring, 5 minutes more.
- Add canned tomatoes and bring to a boil; immediately reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 35 minutes.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.