Israeli Couscous with Mint and Lemon
A confetti-like Israeli couscous salad.
Martha Stewart Living, September 2007
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt, plus more for pasta water
- 8 ounces (1 1/2 cups) Israeli or pearl couscous (or orzo)
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced
- 5 scallions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons very thinly sliced lemon zest (2 to 3 strips)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add couscous, and cook until al dente. Drain, and drizzle with just enough oil to coat. Spread on a baking sheet, and refrigerate 10 minutes.
- Combine couscous and remaining ingredients. Let stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before serving.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.