Raspberries, blackberries, or even peaches or bananas will work in this cool, fruity dessert.
Martha Stewart Living, May 1995
- 4 cups strawberries, hulled and cut in half
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1/4 cup whole unblanched almonds
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons almond-flavored liqueur, such as Amaretto
- 2 teaspoons slivered unblanched almonds, for garnish
- Place strawberries in an airtight container or plastic bag and leave in the freezer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove strawberries from freezer. Place half of the frozen strawberries in the jar of a blender. Add ice, whole almonds, sugar, milk, and liqueur and as many more strawberries as will fit. Blend until there is enough room to add more strawberries. Add remaining strawberries and blend until smooth and spoonable. Divide among 4 serving dishes. Garnish with slivered almonds and serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.