In place of heavy cream, a small amount of butter and reduced-fat sour cream -- so much tastier than fat-free! -- enrich this comforting accompaniment.
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 40 minutes
- Serves 4
- 2 pounds carrots, cut into 2-inch lengths
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Place carrots in a large saucepan. Fill with water to cover by 1 inch; add salt. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce to a simmer. Cook until carrots are very tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Drain and transfer to a food processor. Add butter and sour cream; season with salt and pepper. Process until smooth, about
3 minutes, scraping down the sides of processor with a rubber spatula as needed. Serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.