Crab Salad Sandwich
Crab sandwiches are delicate, so we prefer thin brioche toast with just crab, soft lettuce, a bit of creme fraiche, and some avocado.
Martha Stewart Living, July 2008
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon creme fraiche
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Freshly ground peppercorns, preferably pink
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat
- 4 leaves red-leaf lettuce
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 8 slices brioche, toasted
- Mix lemon juice, salt, creme fraiche, shallot, and chives. Season with pepper. Fold in crab. Cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Divide lettuce, avocado, and crab among 4 bread slices. Sandwich with remaining slices.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.