Use to make chef Pierre Schaedelin's Open-Faced Baguette with Cured Salmon and Sauce Tartare.
The Martha Stewart Show, December 2010
- 1/4 cup coarse salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons whole coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (1 1/4 pound) boneless salmon fillet, skin on
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vodka
- Small bunch fresh dill, coarsely chopped
- In a small bowl, mix together salt, 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds, and pepper. Place salmon fillet in a large baking dish, skin side down, and rub salt mixture all over both sides of salmon. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Wipe off salt mixture from salmon and rinse under cold water; pat dry and return to a clean baking dish skin-side down. Drizzle salmon with olive oil and vodka, and sprinkle with dill and remaining teaspoon coriander seeds; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Remove salmon from refrigerator and wipe off excess marinade (reserving dill for baguette garnish). Remove skin and slice salmon into 1/4-inch-thick slices; keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.