Trisha Yearwood's Mashed Potatoes
This recipe for mashed potatoes is courtesy of singer Trisha Yearwood.
The Martha Stewart Show, March 2007
- 5 pounds medium red potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, and cook until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork, about 30 minutes. Drain potatoes.
- Warm milk in a small saucepan over medium heat; stir in butter until incorporated.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat potatoes on low speed. Slowly add milk mixture, beating potatoes just until liquid is absorbed. Season mashed potatoes with salt and pepper.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.