Jonathan Waxman's Mashed Potatoes
This recipe for mashed potatoes is a great side to Jonathan Waxman's Perfect Roast Chicken. It can be found in Jonathan's cookbook, "A Great American Cook."
The Martha Stewart Show, January Winter 2008
- 8 medium Yellow Finn potatoes, scrubbed and cut into large pieces
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cloves garlic
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan with enough cold water to cover. Add garlic and season with salt. Bring to a boil over high heat; immediately reduce heat to a simmer. Cook, until potatoes are tender, about 25 minutes.
- Drain potatoes, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid. Return potatoes and garlic to saucepan, along with butter, olive oil, and cooking liquid. Mash, using a potato masher, and season with salt and pepper; keep warm until serving.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.