Geoffrey Zakarian's Mashed Potatoes
World-renowned chef Geoffrey Zakarian shares a recipe for Mashed Potatoes, from his cookbook, "Town/Country."
The Martha Stewart Show, December Winter 2006/2007
- 2 pounds russet or Idaho potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup whole milk, plus more as desired
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more as desired
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place potatoes in a steamer basket set over a medium saucepan filled with 2 inches of water. Place saucepan over medium-high heat and steam potatoes until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat milk in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until hot, but not boiling. Drain potatoes and pass them through a ricer back into the medium saucepan. Using a wooden spoon, gently stir in butter and hot milk until well incorporated. Season with salt and pepper. Add additional milk and butter, if desired. Serve warm.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.