Jamie Oliver's Pizza Dough
This easy pizza dough recipe courtesy of Jamie Oliver can be used in his Calzone recipe.
The Martha Stewart Show, November Fall 2008
Yield Makes enough for 4 calzones
- 7 cups "00" flour or strong white bread flour, plus more for work surface and bowl
- 1 tablespoon fine sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups lukewarm water
- 2 (1/4-ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar, such as turbinado or Demerara
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Place flour and salt in the bowl of a food processor and pulse to combine. Add 2 1/2 cups lukewarm water, yeast, sugar, and olive oil. Process until a dough has formed.
- Dust a large bowl with flour and transfer dough in bowl. Sprinkle flour on top of dough and cover with a damp towel. Let stand in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Punch down dough and turn out onto a lightly floured work surface. Use immediately, or wrap dough in plastic wrap and keep refrigerated until ready to use.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.