Jamie Oliver's Pizza Dough
This easy pizza dough recipe courtesy of Jamie Oliver can be used in his Calzone recipe.
The Martha Stewart Show, November Fall 2008
- Yield Makes enough for 4 calzones
- 7 cups "00" flour or strong white bread flour, plus more for work surface and bowl
- 1 tablespoon fine sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups lukewarm water
- 2 (1/4-ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar, such as turbinado or Demerara
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Place flour and salt in the bowl of a food processor and pulse to combine. Add 2 1/2 cups lukewarm water, yeast, sugar, and olive oil. Process until a dough has formed.
- Dust a large bowl with flour and transfer dough in bowl. Sprinkle flour on top of dough and cover with a damp towel. Let stand in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Punch down dough and turn out onto a lightly floured work surface. Use immediately, or wrap dough in plastic wrap and keep refrigerated until ready to use.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.