Baked Potato Slices
A Japanese or French mandoline is great for slicing vegetables uniformly -- anywhere from very thin to thick -- and takes much less time than slicing by hand with a knife.
Photography: RICHARD GERHARD JUNG
Martha Stewart Living, January 2002
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled, very thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for pan
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, and place rack in the middle of the oven. In a medium bowl, combine the potatoes, olive oil, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper, and toss until well coated.
- Generously brush a large rimmed baking sheet with olive oil, and overlap the potato slices just slightly. Bake until potatoes are golden brown and crisp in places, about 30 minutes.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.