Brooke's Mustard Dip
This mustard recipe, also featured in "Entertaining," tastes great on Angel Biscuits along with a slice or two of country ham. Or try it on Martha's Ham and Cheese Sandwich.
Martha Bakes, Episode 1010
- Yield Makes approximately 1 quart
- 1/2 cup dry mustard
- 3/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup white wine or dry vermouth
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- Mix mustard, vinegar, and wine in a porcelain or stainless steel bowl.
- Cover and soak overnight.
- Beat eggs with sugar and salt until very light and foamy. Add mustard mixture, and cook in a double boiler (or in a stainless bowl over a pot of simmering water) until thick, approximately 1 hour, whisking occasionally.
- Cool and refrigerate until ready to use.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.