Fennel, Red Onion, and Parsley Salad
Soaking the components of this simple salad in ice water for 10 minutes makes them cool and crisp. It also helps mellow the flavor of the red onions.
Martha Stewart Living, June 2004
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 medium fennel bulb, trimmed, halved lengthwise, and thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced into half-moons
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Prepare a large ice-water bath. Put parsley, fennel, and onion in a colander, and set in ice-water bath. Let soak 10 minutes.
- Drain, and transfer to a salad spinner. Spin until dry, and transfer to a serving bowl. Add lemon juice, oil, and celery seeds; toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.