Photography: ANITA CALERO
Martha Stewart Living, May 1996
- 1 1/4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- Combine curry powder and 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons boiling water; set aside.
- In a food processor, combine flour and salt. Turn processor on; slowly add curry-powder-water mixture. Process until dough comes together and is smooth and not tacky when pinched, about 30 seconds. Loosely cover with plastic wrap; let stand for 15 minutes.
- Heat oven to 250 degrees. Form dough into a 17-inch-long log and cut into 12 equal pieces; cover with plastic wrap so dough is not exposed to air. Place 1 piece of dough cut side down on a work surface, flatten slightly, and brush with sesame oil. Place another slightly flattened piece of dough on top of first; press together. Roll joined disks into a 6 1/2-inch-diameter circle less than 1/8-inch thick.
- Heat a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the double pancake and cook until light-golden speckles appear on the surface, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from pan and gently pull pancakes apart. Transfer pancakes to a plate and cover with plastic wrap. Repeat entire process with remaining dough. Wrap cooked pancakes in foil; place in oven to rewarm, 5 to 10 minutes.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.