Todd Porter's Ginger and Garlic Roasted Peanuts
These spicy roasted peanuts from Molly O'Neill's "One Big Table" cookbook are easy to pack and ship, making them an ideal Handmade Holiday Gift for faraway friends and family.
The Martha Stewart Show, December 2010
- 2 tablespoons peanut or grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh peeled ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 pound shelled raw peanuts
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees with a rack set in the center of the oven. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine oil, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, fish sauce, and sugar; set aside.
- Spread nuts in a single layer on prepared baking sheet and bake until fragrant and just beginning to brown, about 15 minutes.
- Remove peanuts from oven and stir into ginger-garlic mixture to coat. Return coated nuts to baking sheet and transfer to oven; bake until peanuts are light golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and season with salt and pepper. Let cool before serving.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.