Scrambled Egg Muffins
Fill muffin tins with eggs, turkey bacon, and other savory ingredients to make Jessica Seinfeld's charming "muffins," from her cookbook, "Double Delicious!"Also try: Bird's Nest Pasta
The Martha Stewart Show, December 2010
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 slices nitrate-free turkey bacon
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup chopped, low-sodium chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup nonfat (skim) milk
- 4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray; place bacon on prepared baking sheet and transfer to oven. Bake until crisp, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together egg whites, egg, chickpeas, and milk. Coat 4 cups in a 6-cup standard muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Divide egg mixture evenly among prepared cups. Remove bacon from oven and cut with kitchen shears or thinly slice into 1/2-inch pieces. Sprinkle bacon over eggs and top each with 1 teaspoon Parmesan.
- Transfer to oven and bake until eggs puff and are cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove egg muffins from muffin pan and let cool slightly before serving.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.