Bloody (Orange) Marys
This tangy Sunday brunch cocktail borrows ingredients from two drinks -- a Bloody Mary and a screwdriver -- for an unexpected twist.
Martha Stewart Living, May 2010
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 5 minutes
- Yield Makes 6
- 4 cups bottled tomato juice (32 ounces)
- 1 cup aquavit or vodka
- 3/4 cup fresh blood-orange or regular orange juice (from 4 oranges)
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from 3 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Ice cubes
- Garnish: blood-orange and tomato wedges, and fennel or cucumber spears
- Whisk together tomato juice, aquavit, orange and lemon juices, horseradish, and hot sauce in a large pitcher. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into 6 ice-filled glasses, and garnish each with an orange wedge, a tomato wedge, and a fennel or cucumber spear.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.