Eggplant takes beautifully to grilling.
Martha Stewart Living, March 2001
- 3 pounds eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons coarse salt, plus more for serving
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- Sprinkle eggplant slices with salt on both sides. Place in a colander set over a bowl; let stand 1 hour to drain. Discard liquid; rinse eggplant slices under cold running water. Place on several layers of paper towels, and press out water.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Generously brush both sides of eggplant slices with oil; sprinkle with pepper. Place on grill, and cook until browned, 5 to 6 minutes. Flip eggplant slices, and cook until browned on bottom. Serve hot, drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with salt and pepper.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.