Indian Scrambled Eggs
This recipe comes from chef Roy Yamaguchi, who specializes in Hawaiian fusion cuisine. He made it during "Morning Living" on Martha Stewart Living Radio.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups Spanish onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh root ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh green chiles, minced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 6 extra large eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup cilantro, washed and chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Place a large nonstick skillet over moderate heat.
- Add the canola oil and heat until it shimmers. Add the cumin seeds and cook for about a minute.
- Add the onions and the butter and saute until light golden, about eight minutes.
- Add the ginger, chiles, turmeric, and tomatoes. Cook for six minutes, or until soft and most of the moisture is evaporated.
- Reduce heat and add the eggs, cilantro, salt, and pepper. Stir while cooking, until done.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.