Martha Stewart Living, September
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, plus more for work surface
- Pate Brisee (http://www.marthastewart.com/284107/pate-brisee)
- 1/2 cup finely ground toasted hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons light-brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds (about 5) plums, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup plum or red-currant jam
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.with rack in lower third. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out pate brisee to 1/8 inch thick. Trim edges to form an 18-by-16-inch rectangle, and transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet. In a small bowl, combine flour, hazelnuts, brown sugar, cornstarch, and salt; spread to cover middle of dough, leaving a 3-inch border all around.
- Arrange plums in rows on top, slightly overlapping the slices and alternating direction of each row. Sprinkle plums with granulated sugar. Fold dough to enclose edges; brush dough with egg wash. Chill 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- Bake 10 minutes. Reduce oven heat to 400 degrees. Bake until pastry is golden brown and plums are softened, about 30 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool to room temperature. Heat jam in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until melted. Let cool a few minutes; brush evenly over plum slices. Serve.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.