While safflower oil is used in this recipe, it can be substituted by other light oils, such as canola or vegetable.
Mad Hungry, April 2011
- 1 package corn tortillas, 12
- 6 ounces Monterey jack cheese, grated
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon safflower oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lay out tortillas on two baking sheets. Spread cheese on each one. Place in oven to melt, 1-2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss the tomatoes, black beans, salt, and lime juice together. Distribute mixture over cheese-melted tortillas and roll up. Place side by side on baking sheet. Brush oil over top of each roll. Bake for 8 minutes, until golden and crispy.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.