This pesto from chef Sara Foster is used in her Arugula Pesto Snap Beans recipe from "Sara Foster's Southern Kitchen."
The Martha Stewart Show, April 2011
Yield Makes about 1 1/2 cups
- 4 cups firmly packed arugula, washed and drained
- 1 cup (3 ounces) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Place arugula, cheese, almonds, garlic, salt, and pepper in the jar of a blender or bowl of a food processor and pulse several times to chop. Add lemon juice and pulse until pureed. With the motor running, add olive oil and puree until smooth. Use immediately or store in an airtight container, refrigerated, for up to 1 week.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.