Crispy Polenta Squares
These crispy squares can also be lightly fried for a delicious appetizer or side dish.
Mad Hungry, April 2011
FOR THE POLENTA
- 1/2 recipe <u>Creamy Polenta with Goat Cheese</u>
- Extra-virgin olive oil
FOR THE TOPPING
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped thyme
- Pour warm polenta into an oiled 8-by-8-inch square pan and smooth out top. Refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours but up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Flip polenta onto a cutting board. Brush the top with olive oil. Cut into 16 two-inch squares. Preheat a baking sheet for a few minutes and place the squares on the sheet.
- Place baking sheet in the upper third rack of the oven. Cook 10 minutes. Meanwhile, make the tomato topping by combining all ingredients in a bowl and tossing to coat. Let sit until ready to serve.
- Increase oven setting to broil and cook polenta squares until golden brown on top, about 3 minutes. Transfer squares to a platter and scatter tomato mixture on top.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.