Photo: Raymond Hom
Nuts and Bolts Snack Mix
The classic cereal snack mix often goes by the name "nuts and bolts," making it a perfect treat for a handy dad. Our version is made with an addictive blend of savory seasonings and spices.
Martha Stewart Living, June 2011
- 3 cups toasted corn cereal, such as Chex
- 1 1/2 cups bite-size pretzels
- 1 cup salted dry-roasted peanuts
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees. Combine toasted corn cereal, pretzels, and peanuts in a large bowl. Mince garlic and mash into a paste with salt. Stir together garlic paste, melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, and cayenne pepper. Pour over cereal mixture; toss to coat using a rubber spatula. Spread mixture evenly on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake, gently stirring every 20 minutes, until toasted, about 1 hour 20 minutes. Add rosemary. Bake for 20 minutes more. Let cool completely.
Mix can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 10 days.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.