Cream Soda Syrup
Make classic cream soda at home with this simple recipe from Anton Nocito of P&H Soda and Syrup.
Also Try: Grapefruit Soda Syrup, Quince Soda Syrup
The Martha Stewart Show, December 2010
Yield Makes about 20 ounces
- 2 cups cane sugar, preferably organic
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeded
- Ice cubes, for serving
- Seltzer water, for serving
- Place sugar and 1/4 cup water in a medium nonreactive saucepan. Heat over medium-high heat until sugar is caramelized.
- Carefully add 2 cups water and lemon juice; add vanilla bean and seeds and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and let stand for 1 hour.
- Discard vanilla bean and transfer syrup to an airtight container. Syrup may be kept, refrigerated, for up to 2 weeks. To serve, fill a 16-ounce glass with ice cubes and add 1 1/2 ounces syrup; top with seltzer and stir to combine.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.