Warm Fingerling Potato Salad
A lemon-olive oil dressing is poured over tender potatoes while they're still warm, and a dash of red pepper flakes adds some kick to this simple side dish.
Mad Hungry, April 2011
- 2 pounds yellow fingerling potatoes
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon salt-packed capers, rinsed and coarsely chopped
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/2 medium red onion, coarsely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced crosswise on bias
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Salt to taste
- Place potatoes in a medium-sized saucepan covered 2 inches by salted water. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a small saucepan, combine olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, capers, lemon, and red onion. Bring to a simmer and remove from the heat.
- Drain the potatoes, halve lengthwise, and toss with warm dressing, celery, and parsley. Salt to taste and serve warm.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.