Use to make Leftover Turkey Chili with Cheesy Cornbread Topping.
The Martha Stewart Show, November 2010
Yield Makes enough to top 6 servings of chili
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the center; stir in buttermilk, oil, egg, and scallions.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.