David Eyre's Pancake
This pancake is a more delicate version of the classic puffy German pancake, also known as the Dutch Baby. The recipe, shared by "The Essential New York Times Cookbook" author Amanda Hesser, was developed by David Eyre.
The Martha Stewart Show, November 2010
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Jelly, jam, or marmalade, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a medium bowl, lightly beat flour, milk, eggs, and nutmeg until just combined. Batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Melt butter in a 12-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add flour mixture and transfer to oven. Bake until pancake is golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle pancake with sugar and return to oven for 2 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with lemon juice; serve immediately with jelly, jam, or marmalade.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.