Martha Stewart Living, May 2003
- 1/2 pound Gruyere cheese, grated on the large holes of a box grater (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 pound cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 slices (1/2 inch thick) sourdough bread, cut from a round loaf
- 4 ounces cooked ham, cut into 12 slices
- 3 to 4 red radishes, very thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a food processor, pulse half the Gruyere cheese and all the cream cheese until smooth, about 30 seconds. Transfer mixture to a small mixing bowl. Fold in the thyme, and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place bread on a baking sheet, and toast in center of the oven, flipping halfway through, until golden brown on both sides, about 12 minutes.
- Spread reserved cheese mixture on each slice of toast, dividing evenly, and sprinkle with remaining Gruyere. Place 2 slices of ham on each toast. Arrange radishes on top, and serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.