Use to make chef Emeril Lagasse's Turkey Breast with Roasted Garlic and Fresh Herbs.
The Martha Stewart Show, November 2010
Yield Makes about 3/4 cup
- 12 ounces garlic (about 5 large heads)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut a piece of aluminum foil about 12-by-8-inch inches and line with parchment paper.
- Slice off the top quarter of each head of garlic and place cut side up on parchment paper-lined foil; drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Fold foil and seal to enclose. Transfer foil-wrapped garlic to a baking sheet; transfer to oven and roast until garlic is golden brown, about 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and let foil-wrapped garlic stand until cool enough to handle. Squeeze each head of garlic, gently pressing with your fingers to expel cloves into a small bowl; stir garlic with a rubber spatula to blend thoroughly. Store in an airtight container, refrigerated, up to 2 weeks.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.