Pasta with Pesto, Potatoes, and Green Beans
Widely used in Mediterranean cooking, basil is aromatic and slightly pungent. Basil's delicate leaves are best used raw or added at the end of the cooking process.
Everyday Food, July/August 2003
- Prep Time 25 minutes
- Total Time 40 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 2 waxy potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon salt, plus more for seasoning
- 8 ounces cavatappi
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed and halved
- 1/2 cup Pesto (http://www.marthastewart.com/285783/pesto)
- Place potatoes in a large pot of water; bring to a boil.
- Add salt and cavatappi or other short tubular pasta; return to a boil; cook 2 minutes.
- Add green beans. Return to a boil; cook until vegetables are tender and pasta is al dente, about 6 minutes.
- Drain; toss with pesto; season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.