These hulled pumpkin seeds are tossed with lime juice for zing and chili powder for spice (we like arbol for its extra kick), and then toasted into a crunchy -- and addictive -- appetizer. Counter the heat by washing them down with a refreshing Mexican beer.
Martha Stewart Living, May 2011
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 10 minutes
Yield Serves 4
- 1 cup pepitas (green hulled pumpkin seeds)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, preferably arbol (<a href="http://kalustyans.com" target="_blank">kalustyans.com</a>)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Coarse salt
- Stir together pepitas, lime juice, chili powder, sugar, and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Heat pepitas in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until toasted, about 4 minutes.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.