Quick Peanut Vinaigrette
This Asian-style dressing can also be used as a marinade for grilled shrimp, chicken, or pork, or as a tangy sauce for cold rice or soba noodles tossed with carrots, bean sprouts, and toasted peanuts.
Everyday Food, March/April
- Yield Makes about 3/4 cup
- 4 tablespoons unsalted peanuts
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup rice-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a blender, puree peanuts, lime juice, vinegar, soy sauce, 2 tablespoons water, sesame oil, salt, and pepper until smooth, about 15 seconds.
- With the machine running, slowly add vegetable oil in a steady stream, and continue blending until dressing is emulsified and slightly thickened.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.