Use to make chef Emeril Lagasse's Savory Wild Mushroom Bread Pudding.
The Martha Stewart Show, November 2010
Yield Makes about 10 ounces
- 12 ounces mixed wild mushrooms, such as oyster, shiitake, chanterelles, wood ear, or porcini, stems trimmed (and discarded if using shiitakes), wiped clean, and sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 small sprig fresh oregano
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees with a rack set in the bottom third of oven.
- Place mushrooms, olive oil, salt, pepper, rosemary, and oregano in a medium bowl; toss to combine. Place mushroom mixture inside a Cameron's hickory smoker bag and fold edges together several times to form a tight seal. Transfer the filled bag to the oven directly on the hot oven rack, taking care to place the correct side down (bag will be marked). Cook until mushrooms have a nice smoky flavor, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and carefully open bag, as hot steam will escape. Discard herb sprigs and use mushrooms as desired.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.