Hot Fudge Sundaes
Homemade hot fudge sauce is easy to prepare and is ready in minutes.
Mad Hungry, 2011
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate (5 1/2 ounces), chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1/2 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 container fresh or jarred cherries
- Place chocolate in a medium-size bowl. Heat 1/2 cup cream with 2 tablespoons water in a small saucepan. Bring to a slight simmer.
- Pour hot cream over chocolate and allow it to sit undisturbed for a minute. Stir until fully incorporated. Stir in corn syrup until smooth.
- Whisk remaining 1/2 cup cream until it is whipped to soft peaks. Place 2 scoops of ice cream in two bowls. Spoon sauce over ice cream. Top with whipped cream and a cherry.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.